Friday 25 March 2011

Evaluation

As a test shoot I feel that this shoot went well, it helped to to identify potential problems and allowed me to decide what changed I would make for my final shoot. In particular it allowed me to identify lighting set ups that I would like to use and some I would not.

With the lighting I am fairly certain that I can create the desired aesthetic, however it is the little touches that I need to make sure I improve, things such as more balloons, if i decide to use them again.

I am happy with my choice of model and would be happy to use her again in my final shoot should she be available to do so. However for the styling I intend to get in touch with DB3 and see if i can borrow the dresses I want for the day, the dresses I have seen there would be perfect for the shoot and if I could borrow a few it would be great to have the variety.

Also the hair needs to be much bigger and over the top, my model has clip in extensions that could be used. I was recently involved in the UCLAN style unwrapped fashion show, and for the show they used hair salon Jo and Cass to dress the hair, I will enquire into how much it would be for them to dress the hair for me. It would be good to get professionals to do it so that it goes the way I want for my final images.

I also feel that the make up just isnt enough, I think that perhaps the false eyelashes I used are a little distracting (the sparkly bits) and make the eyes appear quite closed when I need them to be quite wide, and perhaps even manic at times. The make up needs to be much stronger and over the top, I have a makeup artist that was involved in the UCLAN fashion show on facebook, she is really good and I would be really interested in having her do the makeup for the final shoot so I will try and contact her over the next few days.

Overall I have learnt a lot from this shoot and am looking forward to my final shoot for this brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment