Tuesday 1 February 2011

Propsal

This semester I will continue to explore the beauty queen theme I started to look at last semester, I will develop my ideas into a professional body of work. I have also developed a strong interest in portraiture, I would like to incorporate this into my work for this assignment, I will therefore be doing some further research on portraiture.

I will explore the Beauty queen theme in more depth by continuing to research the theme, I will try to look at it from every angle in order to understand the theme fully.

By far the easiest way to look at this theme is in an almost critical way, on the other hand I would like to do a lot more research on the theme before decided which angle to look at it from.

I produced some photographs based around this theme last semester, I was happy with the images as portraits but unfortunately I didn't think that they were particularly exciting or expressed the theme as well as they could have as they were a little basic.

I have recently found an interest in the aesthetic of the ring flash and am particularly interested in using it within this project. When creating portraits I will most probably be working in the studio and can therefore use the ring flash. I am quite interested in creating some studio portraits for this theme, I could make them very over the top just like real beauty queens, however I could take it further by using postproduction. If i was to do this i would like to get involved with stylists, makeup artists and hair dressers if possible.

Another potential idea i thought of was to have very over the top beauty queens in everyday mundane situations, creating quite an unusual narrative.

I would ideally like to improve my postproduction skills dramatically in order to carry out some of the ideas that i have come up with for this assignment. Postproduction skills are also useful to have in general for a wide variety of work particularly the fashion and constructed scene work i am interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment